Weekend Planting Co-ordinator
‘Life for a Life’ is a growing charity that offers its clients the chance to celebrate or commemorate loved ones by planting memorial trees and scattering ashes in over fifty woodland locations across the United Kingdom.
We are currently looking for a Planting Co-ordinator to service all sites other than our Somerset region. The Planting Co-ordinator will be responsible for conducting tree planting and interment ceremonies and shall be supported by our Operations Team who will carry out the hard labour. The ceremonies themselves are non-religious and mainly outline the Organisation’s mission and activities.
The ideal candidate will need to have their own transport and a proven ability to work under their own initiative. Green fingers are a bonus along with previous experience of working for or volunteering for a charity or third sector organisation. Most importantly is empathy for your clients and their loss, great interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with compassion and insight.
The role is a casual weekend role, both Saturday and Sundays throughout the year. You will be reimbursed for all travel expenses, be provided with the necessary training to carry out your duties and will receive a competitive rate of pay.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- The planting of Memorial Trees - with ceremony and interments
- Meeting clients at their time of need
- An advocate for ‘Life for a Life’ and its beneficiaries
- Regular liaison and escalation where appropriate to Head Office and the Operations Director
- Attendance at meetings
- Ability to travel to different planting sites in one day
- Interest in nature/horticulture
- Ability to work independently
- Self-motivated with excellent organisational skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with compassion, some humour and insight
- Patience and empathy
- Capability to work outdoors, often alone and on various terrains and weather
- Impeccable punctuality and reliability
- Pillar of the community
- Customer service driven
For more information please contact us